Activated bamboo charcoal helps absorb moisture and prevent the musty smell as well as mold and mildew. There are several filters that are commonly used in air purifiers.
Activated charcoal is used to filter water, as well as in dental products and supplements for the digestive system. You probably know its use in air filtration and shoe liners (and other applications).
What is NatureFresh Bags?
NatureFresh bags are breathable linen bags containing activated bamboo charcoal. These bags have a grommet in one top corner to be used to hang the bag from a hook, nail or hanger or simply inside of a shoe, suitcases and other small spaces.
Activated bamboo charcoal is created by burning bamboo in very high temperatures, leaving a porous powder capable of effectively trapping moisture and toxins.
It is unclear if this answer is scientific or not.
Activated charcoal, also known as activated carbon, is used in a diverse range of products for the same reason – it absorbs and filters out impurities from body’s digestive system.
Bamboo charcoal has been scientifically proven to reduce harmful chemicals including formaldehyde, ammonia, benzene and chloroform gases emitted from such items as paint, carpeting, air fresheners cleaning supplies.
- MEGA-VALUE ODOR NEUTRALIZER 6-PACK: The Kisx activated charcoal bags set is here to give you more bang for your buck and help you keep your home smelling great. Our charcoal bags odor absorber set is versatile for all spaces.
- NATURAL AIR PURIFIER BAGS FOR 24/7 FRESHNESS: Now you can breathe fresh air with our odor absorbers for home. Unlike plug-in deodorizers for home or any chemical-packed air deodorizer for home, our air purifying charcoal bags are made from 100% pure bamboo.
- GET RID OF FOUL ODORS ONCE & FOR ALL: Looking for a room deodorizer for home to eliminate unpleasant smells? Our charcoal air purifiers can be used as a natural air freshener, dog odor eliminators for home, car deodorizers or closet air freshener.
The company claims that activated bamboo charcoal has been proven to:
- Prevent recirculation of air in rooms, making them more breathable and stopping dust mites from surviving.
- Purify the environment by absorbing toxins as it is used up and releasing clean oxygen.
- Help you stay well during a cold.
- Reduce harmful chemicals like formaldehyde, ammonia, benzene and chloroform gases emitted from paint, carpeting, air fresheners, chemical cleaners and rubber or plastic.
- Prevent mold and mildew from growing in any place it is placed.
- Wick the excess humidity out of the air
The bottom line: Activated bamboo charcoal is present in every home and will absorb extra moisture as well as or mold and other pollutants that cling to the molecules of vapor.
How Does a NatureFresh Air Purifier Bag Work?
The charcoal in this product absorbs moisture and traps it, causing the humidity to be concentrated in the bag. To combat unpleasant odors, a bag of charcoal should be placed close to the source of moisture.
Here are the several ways you can use bags of bamboo charcoal to prevent mold, mildew and other moisture-related dangers.
- MEGA-VALUE CHARCOAL ODOR ABSORBER 4-PACK: The Kisx nature fresh charcoal bags set is here to give you more bang for your buck and help you keep your home and car smelling great. Our odor absorbers for home and car air freshener set is versatile for all spaces.
- CHARCOAL AIR PURIFIER FOR 24/7 FRESHNESS: Now you can breathe fresh air with our activated bamboo charcoal.
- FOUL ODORS OR UNPLEASANT SMELLS IN THE HOUSE? Our deodorizers for home can be used as a bed room freshener, refrigerator deodorizer, closet deodorizer freshener, shoe deodorizer for shoe bag or shoe closet, and trash can deoderizers.
- After taking off your shoes, place any bags you have been carrying directly inside of them.
- Keep a bag in your backpack or the gym bag.
- Hang a couple of of them during a musty basement.
- Hang clothing in your closet when it’s damp to prevent that musty smell.
Do NatureFresh Bags Work?
- 🚫 Fight Bad Odors – Grab a charcoal air purifying bag and freshen up your car or home. A bamboo charcoal air purifying bag is the most effective, all-natural way to deodorize & absorb odors from the air. The activated charcoal bags act like a sponge to absorb and neutralize foul odors.
- 🌿 4x Charcoal Bags Odor Absorber – We designed your bamboo air purifying charcoal bag to purify the air you breathe. Beware of other charcoal bags for odor on the market that can do more harm than good. Our charcoal air purifying bags use the highest quality bamboo charcoal from Southeast Asia — with NO harmful additives.
- 🏆 10x More Porous – Air purifying bags with natural bamboo charcoal are 10x more porous than regular charcoal. That means when you buy our activated charcoal bag, you’ll be getting one of natures’ most potent and effective charcoal air freshener solutions! So, get yourself an activated charcoal odor absorber pack that gets the job done right. Bamboo charcoal bags odor absorber means no more foul odors in your car, home, litter box, or gym bag. Supercharge the air you breathe!
Sure. The high moisture absorption rate of charcoal makes it popular for trapping odors and moisture from clothes, so when you’re packing to go camping, be sure to include a bag for the car or tent. Besides absorbing dirt and odor, do you know why charcoal is used?
Despite its usefulness as an air freshener or deodorizer.
The key to making this method work is to use them effectively. One bag in a smelly shoe will not dehumidify your entire mudroom, for instance. Think about proportion – one of these products won’t just dry up an entire large area or problem that has serious moisture buildup and for such problems might require a lot of bags.
NatureFresh states that its bags should last about 2 years before they lack the ability to trap moisture and odors. The company suggests that during this two-year period, the bag be left in direct sunlight for at least an hour a month to “recharge” the charcoal by drying it out.
If you use the bags long enough and they stop capturing odors, it is time to replace them.
NatureFresh Activated Bamboo Charcoal Pros and Cons
These lists are short yet actionable.
- This wool’s ability to absorb moisture and other liquid substances (like stray gases like benzene and ammonia) makes it an ideal choice for pet lovers.
- Order – Choose from a variety of convenient in-home options.
- Cost less than electric air purifiers.
- Add a scent to mask the odor.
- Activated charcoal will not be enough to protect you from pollutants by itself when pollutants are heavy.
Can NatureFresh Bags Replace an Air Purifier?
It really depends on two considerations:
- You may be wondering to what extent your moisture and odor problem is going to be taken care of.
- The health of pets within the household.
Scenario #1: When you have central air conditioning, don’t have any leaks in the basement and everyone is healthy,
Scenario #2: You have a window AC or no air conditioner, your climate is humid even in cool months and/or household members suffer from asthma, allergies, or COPD.
No, NatureFresh bags or other products alone will not be enough to keep your home healthy. You will need an air purifier and in very humid climates advanced humidity control: An AC or a dehumidifier.
- Central air conditioners work very well at balancing indoor humidity in warmer months.
- In cool months, when lowering the temperature of your home is not an option, a dehumidifier may be what you need.
How To Use And Apply Naturefresh Bamboo Activated Charcoal In The Bag
The bags do a good job of capturing airborne moisture that could either contain mold or contribute to mold growth once it settles into carpet, clothing, walls, etc. But they will not kill the mold or remove other pollutants, allergens and toxins already in place.
To get the best results when using activated bamboo charcoal:
- Clean away visible mold on hard surfaces by mixing water with 10 times the amount of bleach and using a sponge to wipe it clean.
- If clothes are moldy, wash them or throw them away.
- Replace or clean moldy carpet.
When cleaning, substituting or replacing furniture, curtains and more besides; be sure to also stop the source of any problem.
- Repair leaks in your roof, walls or foundation.
- Install weather stripping on drafty doors and windows or replace them.
- Use an air conditioner in warm months to help cool the house and a dehumidifier during cold months.
Best Place to Buy NatureFresh Bags – And Alternatives
NatureFresh only sells its brand on the NatureFresh website.
However, competition is fierce and most versions are sold for less.
Keep in mind: Activated bamboo charcoal in a breathable bag comes at all price levels, but there is not much variation between products across the board.
For example: Activated charcoal is a single ingredient in NatureFresh and Breathe Green Activated Charcoal.
A pack of 12 bamboo charcoal clothes comes in all shapes and sizes, which is helpful when you need to fit something inside one of them. They are also pure – with no added chemicals.
It is common for people with active lifestyles and homes with high-traffic to have problem areas that could benefit from NatureFresh products.
Here are some of our recommendations:
- In spite of the cost, more affordable products offer a very similar list of benefits. Some people assume that if an item is expensive it is also high quality. However the cheaper prices can be appealing when shopping for family pets.
- If after a month or two of using activated charcoal, you are experiencing lingering odors or respiratory issues, it may be time to consider an air purifier.
- If you have visible mold in any part of your home, you should contact a professional who can get to the root of the problem and eliminate it. This should lessen the need for these products.